Where do I find driver updates Radeon graph card

erkmatrix 17:04 23 Jan 04

Hi I wonder if someone could help, I've had problems playing games on my computer and playing videos. My screen will just crash cause my display device could not do a drawing is what the error says when I reboot my machine. It does it with games mostly just playing then totally rondomly it will flah black and my monitor will switch on stand by. I have to reboot to get it back on.

Just wondered where I could get a update driver for my graphics card Radeon 9700/9500 series.
I went to the ATI site but on couldn't find mine only a all in wonder card.

Or could it be something else causing this. I have tryed to click in control panel/display/settings/advanced/troubleshoot/then move the hardware acceleration slider to disable all directdraw and direct 3D accelerations and this makes when I watch a video, I never have it crash but won't let me play a game. I've tryed all the other setting on the slider before I got to the (disable all directdraw and direct 3D accelerations) setting and my game still crashes and the videos don't work.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me out with this as it does my head in keep crashing when I'm just about to complete a level or something.

Yours thankful for any advice.

Phil

pc moron 17:39 23 Jan 04

Try here. click here

erkmatrix 15:12 26 Jan 04

Yeah thats what I said above I've been there but can only find the all in wonder card. Is the Radeon 9700/9500 series a all in wonder card.

Smiler 15:56 26 Jan 04

Is the card actually mad by ATI or is it POWERED by ATI Radeon? According to the ATI site Hercules use the 9500 & 9700 radeon chip and on their site click here they offer the catalist 3.10 for download for the 9500 & 9700 cards

Smiler 15:58 26 Jan 04

OOps I know you're not happy but it should read:-

Is your card made by ATI or is it POWERED by ATI Radeon? etc

bremner 16:01 26 Jan 04

This is the ATI site with the drivers for the 9500/9700 click here

erkmatrix 10:35 27 Jan 04

It says the manufacturer is ATI so is it the driver for the all in wonder driver I need from the ati site?

Tog 12:42 27 Jan 04

Use the Catalyst download, see here for details, bottom paragraph.

click here

This software package includes the latest drivers. Click on the Catalyst link on the ATI website for details.

If you want to check if it's correct, go to the product details first, for the 9700 and follow the link from there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…