Where do I download Windows XP SP1 Home now?

silklink 18:25 13 Aug 03

I am trying to download Windows XP SP1 (Home Edition)from the internet to replace my faulty Windows XP SP1.

However, when I went to Microsoft Download website, I discovered that they now only have Windows XP SP1a available for download.

They do not have Windows XP SP1 anymore. Is there some kind person who can help me please?
I'm getting rather desperate, I'm afraid.

Regards,
JEFFREY

Jester2K II 18:33 13 Aug 03

click here

Whats wrong with SP-1a??

Geoff_T 18:34 13 Aug 03

I've just had a look at the Microsoft site and they state "If you have XP SP1 you do not need to install SP1a"

click here tells you all about it

Geoff_T 18:37 13 Aug 03

Jester2K II's link explains that the only difference between SP1 and SP1a is Java Virtual Machine. JVM was in SP1 but it was removed in SP1a (?). Unusual but that's what it says!

Geoff

Jester2K II 18:49 13 Aug 03

Had to be removed for legal reasons....

pepe 19:21 13 Aug 03

When you have downloaded it, go to click here and follow the link on how to make a slip streamed CD for future installs. It worked a treat for me and removes any potential SP1 install problems.

temp003 06:10 14 Aug 03

Don't think sp1 is available from MS now. See if you know someone who has the old SP1 CD.

Or just install sp1a, and download and install a java virtual machine. You can access both the MS version and the Sun version from click here

MS is going to continue support for its own version of the virtual machine, which has already been installed by users, until the end of this year (or maybe January next year). Install the 5.00.3805 first, then the 5.00.3810.

Or install the Sun version. It works fine on my w2k sp4. After you install it, you can get rid of the taskbar/system tray icon by going to Control Panel, Java plug-in, Basic tab.

The Transporter 09:20 14 Aug 03

just order it free from microsoft who will post it to you

you can't get the cd to europe as the link "Microsoft subsidiary". doesnt seem to work

click here

so order this security toolkit, you get xp demos etc, but you do get all the latest service packs including win 2000 SP4 and XP SP1a

click here

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…