Where do cookies go when they are deleted?

Carafaraday 12:49 12 Dec 05

I deleted all temporary internet files and all cookies and then ran AdAware. AdAware found two tracking cookies but they are not in my cookie file. Does AdAware look in the Recycle Bin?

Sethhaniel 12:54 12 Dec 05

if you have XP they will still be in system restore files - till system restore is turned off - ;)

Carafaraday 13:32 12 Dec 05

Thanks for you reply - how nice to think of them in (choc chip) cookie heaven Don't really want to turn system restore off as I am just putting together my pc again after an over-zealous repair by HP - and may want to use system restore if all goes pear=shaped. I take it that they are not doing me any great harm from system restore? Actually, I think the cookies came from this site.

rawprawn 13:40 12 Dec 05

They will do no harm at all in system restore, and if they came from this site they are not really malignant just used for tacking iformation at this site.

Carafaraday 13:46 12 Dec 05

Thank you both - I'll let them Rest in Peace.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…