Where do the 1000s of previous threads go?

I only have 10 pages of Threads to look through. i am trying to find a previous thread called "Fraught Faxing" The search engine comes up with "no matches".

crx16 16:26 06 Apr 03

searcg\all discussion\fraut faxing, resultclick here

Djohn 16:29 06 Apr 03

Look in your, (My Postings), and if you made a reply to that thread, it will be in there.

A good tip for anyone who sees a thread, and thinks that it may be of use at a later date is to reply to the thread, if only to say "Refresh, or just a full stop"

This way it will be in your (My Postings for future reference). J.

Thanks John but remember I had problems with pj123 and now I can't access My Postings.

pete

Djohn 16:44 06 Apr 03

Sorry, I did forget. :o(

Thanks very much. that is the one but how did you find it. I typed fraught faxing into the search and got "no matches" ?????

Pete

Sorry, I re-read what you said. I must get a new pair of glasses.

thanks again

Pete

Djohn 16:51 06 Apr 03

I just tried putting pj123 in the search, and it comes up with your old, (My Postings). J.

Thanks John

What criteria did you use? i just tried it and 1 page of 40 postings. Must be more than that.

Pete

Megatyte 17:36 06 Apr 03

Make sure that you are searching in Helproom and All Discussion. If you run the search from "My Postings" page then the in field will default to My Postings and will need changing. You can't search for a posters name. The only results you'll get is if the name was in the body of the post or one of the responses.

AH

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I have got my new glasses on now. It is so much clearer.

I will tick this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…