Where to dispose of old hardware?

Ping Pong 23:10 18 Sep 03

Is there any organisation that can make use of old computer spares. I have upgraded a lot of my components recently and dont really want to just throw away the old ones. They work perfectly. I have a cd writer and a 32mb Radeon graphics card. I think it would be a waste to just throw them into the bin and they are not worth selling on as at this stage they are worthless.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:46 18 Sep 03

cool_britannia 23:51 18 Sep 03

yes mate the organisation is called me

spuds 00:15 19 Sep 03

Try your local council. They may have a list of possible companies or charities, that deal in the type of equipment that you have available. But I should warn you, that alot of these companies only deal in bulk, due to high administrative costs.A couple of items, that may or may not work, when assembled in another machine, just wouldn't be worth collection. Try the local freebie adverts, or contact someone like the local scouts or youth group.

sicknote 00:26 19 Sep 03

Have heard of people like the air ambulance service,or things like that that need to raise money

john-232317 07:23 19 Sep 03

Anyone who runs carboots for charity would love them, or local charity shops.

Bagsey 07:57 19 Sep 03

I believe there is an organisation that refits old pcs to send to schools etc. in developing countries.

seedie 08:14 19 Sep 03

Put the stuff in a skip near you, I'll be round later, always got my head in them.

CD :)

mole44 08:18 19 Sep 03

do as i do give them to any friend/workmate who has no machine and wants to try out computing but doesn`t have spare money to try it.or as a friend does use it as a spare machine to learn more of how a compter works i.e. registry/bios e.t.c.

dave h 11:18 19 Sep 03

Try typing "unwanted computers" into Google> advanced search> exact phrase box;

Then typing "uk" in the "with all of the words" box

Then take your pick from the results

dave h 12:25 19 Sep 03

further to the above, try this site -click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…