Where did they go? - the images that is

jack 08:22 03 Apr 09

When making scans- I do so normally through my image editor - quite painless.
On this occasion however I used the Epson scan maker [ No image editor fired up]
Made two scans and waited for the Epson software to deliver- which it does -eventually - very slow.
On this occasion I had to leave the machine to it whilst I went elsewhere.
Came back- hours later no sign of images in desktop, No sign of images in designated folder,
No sign of images in Windoze default- My Docs/My pictures.
Any ideas where they might lurk any one?

eedcam 08:26 03 Apr 09

Does it usually Scan and save automatically?have you tried search >pictures>and the relevant created date

hssutton 08:37 03 Apr 09

My Canon automatically sends scanned "Docs" & pictures to a dedicated folder in "My Pictures", unless I tell it otherwise.

Must admit my first scanned files appeared to disappear into thin air:)

interzone55 08:50 03 Apr 09

I think they'll be in either My Pictures if using XP, or user/pictures if using Vista - that's were my Epson V100 sends scans if you press the scan button...

BT 08:59 03 Apr 09

My Microtek scanner automatically makes a folder on the desktop the first time its used called My Images.

jack 09:18 03 Apr 09

I made those scans yesterday afternoon- then went away.
Last evening no sign as reported above - got on with other stuff - looking here and Thunderbird and put machine in the Hibernate for the night.
Fired up this morning- to Thunderbird- dealt with that lot. Came here wrote this piece.
Came to desk top to fire up image editor[PSP12] to start over- there patiently waiting was the Epson page asking -NEXT- hit it. and got on with wallpapering - two pieces up - came back - its gorn again.
Oh well after the next piece I'll start over with PSP
it knows what to do.

jack 20:08 03 Apr 09

Though it had a couple of 'Not responding' sessions in the process- perhaps getting near the time to reformat and start over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos