Where did my XP MS Spyware Prog go?

Patr100 23:54 16 Jan 05

I installed it but I can't find it! Can't see it in add/remove progs. or Progs listing. Where is it actually located? Is it now part of Windows Firewall - ( which I have disabled as I use Sygate)
Where or how can it be configured or run or uninstalled?

ACOLYTE 00:46 17 Jan 05

It should have put a short cut on the desk top and there should be a icon in the taskbar,you can right click this to alter settings.I uninstalled it and cant remember what the program group was but i know it was in start/programs.

Gandalph 01:17 17 Jan 05

It should show up in Start>All Programs as Microsoft AntiSpyware. Acolyte is quite right it should have put a Red, Yellow and Black type Bullseye in the Task bar.

Patr100 01:26 17 Jan 05

Thanks guys, but there's no sign if it.

I even went back to Windows Update to check -
there are no more critical updates and the MS site update history for my PC says it was downloaded along with the last critical update last week.

ACOLYTE 01:28 17 Jan 05

Did you install it after download?,im not sure but i didnt get it from the update site and it needed to be installed unless you ran it from the server.

ACOLYTE 01:31 17 Jan 05

click here

Download it again and save it then install after.

Patr100 01:33 17 Jan 05

Also Says the installation of the Malicious Software Removal Tool was successful.

ACOLYTE 01:36 17 Jan 05

I dont think that is the same thing,but im not sure.

ACOLYTE 01:38 17 Jan 05

Just checked its a different thing to the link i gave to miscsoft spyware program,i to installed the malicious removal tool,and then dlaoded the other.

Patr100 01:43 17 Jan 05

Thanks. I just downloaded it from your link.
It's now installed OK. Not even sure I need it, specially if MS start to charge for it as is likely. but can have a look at it now.

Gandalph 02:05 17 Jan 05

I read a thread on another forum saying that Microsoft where going to give the Beta Testers a free program and free updates when it was released. How true this is remains to be seen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…