Where did this email come from and why?

pj123 14:08 31 Dec 04

Sorry everyone, I just received this email:

"Hi, If you're looking for a host with quick setup, support for PHP & MySQL, good prices & good support then check out click here. This is my own hosting company and we guarantee that your site will be online 99.9% of the time - our current stats show 100% uptime - click here. If you are interested, then please let me know and we can talk about your needs for space and bandwidth and create you a hosting package to suit them. Regards, Matt Hosting Place"

It apparently refers to a PCA Thread: Choosing an ISP: PHP vs CGI vs PERL etc. I don't appear to be able to paste the URL from the email as every time I try it just opens the thread.

It is click here =discuss.thread &threadid =177689&forumid=13

I put spaces in case it didn't work.

Having read the thread and a link within the thread I know nothing about it and didn't make any response.

So why should that have prompted an email from Matt45?

961 14:34 31 Dec 04

Like all the junk that tells us that our bank details need confirming and please tell me your password I suggest it needs leaving alone

bremner 14:42 31 Dec 04

Have a look at this click here

pj123 14:43 31 Dec 04

961, yes I understand that but the links in the email are valid PCA Forum threads. Is Matt45 a Forum member? If so is he touting for business.

pj123 14:49 31 Dec 04

bremner, yep I already done that. That only shows it is a valid domain name. Type in eagle-computers.co.uk and you will find it is me. But I don't email forum members ad-lib offering services for a price. This Forum is for giving and receiving help with problems, for free.

bremner 14:53 31 Dec 04

I thought I had answered part one of your question

"Where did this e mail come from?"

For the second part you will have to ask Matthew I guess.

ACOLYTE 14:54 31 Dec 04

Ask the FE he might be able to shed light on it,its a pity you cant search threads by forum member name then you might find Matt45.

ACOLYTE 14:55 31 Dec 04

there is a thread click here

with that title but i didnt see matt45 mentioned in it.

pj123 15:19 31 Dec 04

ACOLYTE, yes that is one of the links I have in the email. Did no one else get the email. Seems stupid to me to send one email. If I wanted to generate some business I would spam the lot of you, but as I said before this is a help forum where everything is free.

Djohn 15:25 31 Dec 04

matt45 is a long standing member of PCA. I would think the message was intended for someone else but came to your mail box instead via the yellow envelope. There have been a couple of occasions over the past month or so where the mail has not gone to the intended person.

ACOLYTE 15:29 31 Dec 04

I know i didnt get an email,did the email go to the addy you have for this forum or another addy, if you have one,i have a different addy for here than the one i normaly use.Its strange it had a PCA thread in the email so i would ask the FE,if Matt sent it from here his email addy should have been on the email you got.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…