Where is countdown stored?

Graham ® 21:18 30 Oct 04

I hope this is not a taboo subject!

I have often wondered where time or use limited trial programs remember how long we have to go.

For example, if you get a message to the effect that this is the last day, if you uninstal the program and download it again, you don't start from day 1 again, you can't use it again as a trial.

Dan the Confused 21:21 30 Oct 04

Er...no!

VoG II 21:23 30 Oct 04

Tut, tut!

The registry, I would guess.

Dorsai 21:24 30 Oct 04

Channel four's web site.

Graham ® 21:31 30 Oct 04

For research purposes only! I tried with one program, once uninstalled, no registry entries found.

I did a re-instal of O/S, that removed the 'memory'.

I think we should be told! This is, at the end of the day, something being stored on my computer.

Dorsai 21:45 30 Oct 04

But if you dont like the idea, dont install the app to start with. IF you install it, you are agreeing to it putting stuff on your HDD. No where does it say that the un-install part has to take it all off. It is well known that uninstall progs leave stuff behind. So some stuff left behind is when you first put it on. So? Antimal will shift nasties, whats left is harmless to you, and protects their copyright interests.

Graham ® 21:48 30 Oct 04

Please elaborate/link.

I must stress, I'm not looking for a 'fix', so please don't post any.

Graham ® 21:52 30 Oct 04

Crossed in post. Appreciate your sentiments, I think I have my answer, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…