Where is Contacts file on PC please?

Severn Bore 15:45 04 Nov 08

I am currently setting up a replacement PC and cannot find where on my old hard drive I find the email address list. I used to know and have done a search, but to no avail. Can anyone help please.
Also, I plan to use Outlook as my new email program rather than Live Mail. Is it possible to link my contacts list (when I find it!) with Outlook?
Any advice gratefully received.

Rahere 15:52 04 Nov 08

try here - got this from google ;o)
click here

Woolwell 17:18 04 Nov 08

Were you using Outlook or Outlook Express on the old machine?

Severn Bore 18:17 04 Nov 08

Hi Woolwell
I was using Live Mail.

Rahere 18:23 04 Nov 08

Was any of the advice of help?

Are you using Windows Live mail client program (on Vista) or just checking mail online through a browser - I don't use it so I'm trying to work out all the permutations!

What version of Outlook are you planning to use and on what version of Windows....

Woolwell 18:39 04 Nov 08

I don't use Live Mail but this may help click here

Woolwell 18:40 04 Nov 08

Perhaps better is click here

aine 19:58 04 Nov 08

If you still have live mail on your PC, load it ,look at the toolbar, to the right you will see 3 document icons. The first one is contacts.. Also if you have microsoft works they are there. Regards Aine

Severn Bore 20:20 04 Nov 08

Hi Rahere, etc
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I have still not resolved the problem. I know there is a folder, possibly in Windows, that contains all of the email addresses on my old PC - I have used it before - but the grey matter is dissolving (I am 66) and I just cannot find it again.
Incidentally I was using Windows Live Mail on the old PC, but will be using Outlook on the new one.

Rahere 22:45 04 Nov 08

It seems vista stores contacts for windows live messenger mail etc in a really messy way - in multiple places and can replace broken files from a hidden copy.

I hope this link will help you find the locations but as I don't have vista I can't vouch for it!
(some locations could be at bottom of page)
click here

lotvic 23:49 04 Nov 08

Is this it?
"C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Contacts" folder

or maybe
"C:\Users\<your-user-name>Contacts"

I'm sorry I don't have a clue what to do with the above but someone else might.
I got it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…