Where is the clicking sound of a web-page turning?

charlton200 11:18 AM 06 Sep 11

On my old pc when I used to click on a link I used to get a click sound as the page turned. On my new laptop I don't get it. I have heard it on rare occasions. How do I get this clicking sound back or can't i?

Covergirl 11:37 AM 06 Sep 11

Volume control?

Also, I noticed that if you scroll-click (to open a link in a new tab) it doesn't make the characteristic click either.

In fact, as I left-click the link to get to this post, I notice I actually get 3 separate clicks as the page loads.

charlton200 19:12 PM 06 Sep 11

I'm finding that I miss the characteristic click as the web page turns. i used to get this on my old PC.

csqwared 19:24 PM 06 Sep 11

Don't know which version of Windows you're running but if you look in Start/Settings/ControlPanel/Sounds (WinXP but other versions must have something similar) ther are options there for having sounds for just about everything thsat happens on the machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Book review: Hands-on with Microsoft's impressive first laptop (better yet, it's a tablet t)…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Walking Dead VFX: a look back from Seasons 1-6

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November