Where is the Check disk log kept?

ACOLYTE 11:33 31 Oct 05

My pc is set to defrag all the time using diskeeper,this morning i got an error box pop up saying it could do the defrag because a checkdisk had been set up,either by me or the pc.
I know i didnt set one so can the pc set one on its own?.
Anyway i restarted it ran the check and deleted lots of "orphan" files now i find that my favorg program has totaly disapeared,everything files/folders/icons everything,i am trying to find the log of the scan but not having a lot of sucsess.

Lozzy 11:53 31 Oct 05

Right-click the Windows My Computer desktop icon and select Manage on the menu that appears.

When the Computer Management Console is displayed, select System Tools, and then Event Viewer.

Expand the Event Viewer and select Application.

Next, click the Action menu item and then click Properties.

Set the Maximum log size to 2048 KB.

Enable the Overwrite events as needed option.

Click OK.

ACOLYTE 12:00 31 Oct 05

Thanks for that,but how do i get to read the log
that it made?

Lozzy 12:02 31 Oct 05

in the Event viewer as stated above

ACOLYTE 12:04 31 Oct 05

It doesnt let me read the logs ( i can clear the log but cant find out how to open it.

Lozzy 12:08 31 Oct 05

The Diskeeper log file is named DkEventLog.txt and it is stored by default in the directory folder where Diskeeper is installed.

ACOLYTE 12:11 31 Oct 05

Hmm,ijust checked for that and i dont seem to have the DkEventlog in there,but i want the log windows keeps of the checkdisk,i assume windows keeps one anyway.

ACOLYTE 12:17 31 Oct 05

I thought i found the answer here click here but when i click the winlogon i can see a log ?

ACOLYTE 12:23 31 Oct 05

Many thanks,i found the log and it doesnt look good lots of things were deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…