where can i get one of these ???

cliff100 16:18 09 Oct 09

Hi I have foolishly purchased a 320gb external harddrive from Ebay (£14). Netstore 3500 from Packard Bell, it had no power adapter with it. I have been into Maplins today and CEX only two in my local high street where i could possibly get an adapter. No luck no one could tell me the cable that goes in, or where i could get one.
Has anyone any idea what power supply will fit and where i can get one. If I knew what i was looking for it would be a start even if i can get one of those little plug in cable changers so a basic power adapter would fit.

Hope someone can help me.
Cliff

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:46 09 Oct 09

Power Supply

* External Power Adapter universal auto-switching(UL, cUL, CE, TUV approved)
* Input: AC 100-240V, 1.2A, 50-60Hz
* Output: DC +5V/1.5A, +12V/1.5A

What sort or power socket on the machine?
4pin D molex?
DC jack socket?
5 pin circular?

wjrt 16:47 09 Oct 09
  chub_tor 16:50 09 Oct 09

Further to wjrt link if you click on the battery and adapter link it will get you click here where you can put in your serial number to identify the adapter you need.

Technotiger 18:09 09 Oct 09

Or you could get a suitable USB External Enclosure for it, these come with their own power supply.

Technotiger 18:13 09 Oct 09

Ooops- silly me, it is an External drive already!

I should look before I leap - into Google !!

cliff100 10:09 10 Oct 09

Hi thanks for the info I have tried the PB site where you enter the serial number and when this is done it just comes up with page not found.
I have googled the netstore 3500 and here is a picture of the connection.

click here

I thought if someone can let me know what type of connection it is I can order one and try a normal power supply or does it not work like that.

Thanks in advance Cliff

mimosa418 10:24 10 Oct 09

Does it not get power through te USB 2 connector.
What happens when you plug in?

harry12 11:25 10 Oct 09

I have this click here enclosure which has same connection as you show. Looks like Svideo connection and outputs 5volts.

cliff100 16:05 10 Oct 09

hi no it does not get power from the USB, Harry I know they look like the Svideo type plug in. But no one has been able to tell me the correct name so I can then track it down and as PB do not have this on their site. e.g when I enter the serial number nothing comes up.

Cliff

jack 16:29 10 Oct 09

Sell switching multi voltage power bricks.
They come with a slider voltage selector, reversible polarity low volt lead and a range of sized plugs colour coded to the voltages- Less than a fiver last time I looked- I've got one it does all sorts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…