Where can I find a "You have Mail" notifier/icon?

Have asked before but to no avail. I'm using OE 6 on windows XP SP2.
Is there a download that puts an icon (decent size) on screen to indicate that mail has arrived (had it with incredimail but don't really want to download that again, prefer to stick to OE6)I don't seem to get the little envelope in the task bar any more (& would prefer bigger anyway!)
thanks!

bretsky 15:43 13 Feb 05

Is this a sp2 thing then? because I have OE6 with sp1 and it will only give me a sound when new mail arrives, no icon, so I have unchecked this option.

I use "Mailwasher" to check my mail server, and it give me a flashing icon in the system tray when new mail is sitting in my server, plus a 3 part vocal harmony singing "you got some mail",
this is set to check my mailserver every 5 minutes.

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 16:05 13 Feb 05

Yes, see what you mean, left my OE open with the window closed and a little envelope appeared in the system tray when new mail arrived, I don't normally leave my OE open.

bretsky ;0)

Graham ® 16:33 13 Feb 05

Can we assume you are using Outlook Express? You must have it open, perhaps minimised to the taskbar. Then set it in Tools, Options, General, Check for new messages every...

You can also go Tools, Send and Receive to ask for mail.

Graham ® 16:39 13 Feb 05

Unless you have Send/Recv icon in your toolbar, then use that.

Yes it is outlook express, it sounds daft but I wanted something bigger! I used to be able to walk past the Pc and see if there was mail at a distance ! (with incredimail!)

Belatucadrus 17:13 13 Feb 05

Thanks Belatucadrus- so much choice now !! Any personal recommendation between the three?

Belatucadrus 18:07 13 Feb 05

No particular recommendations, all free so try them and see what you like best. Download agent e-mail notifier is the closest to incredimail though.

Thanks that was the one I liked the look of, bit confused as to whether I already have the agent biton the PC, already though! Will leyt you know how I get on!!

2neat 20:49 13 Feb 05

Just installed agent e-mail. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…