Where can I find my stored passwords in OE6

Bargee 25 Mar 13

Hiya,

I've recently bought a laptop running Win7 on which I cannot use my favoured OE6. The available email program/s I can use, do not have a facility to import email accounts from OE6 either, it seems I have to manually enter my email accounts, passwords etc. My problem is that because I've used the import email accounts facility in OE6 on a few occasions, I no longer remember my original passwords.

Is there a way of retrieving them from my PC's OE6 data?

Cheers.

Mr Mistoffelees 25 Mar 13

Try this, it is claimed to work with IE 4 to 9.

Mr Mistoffelees 25 Mar 13

Sorry, must read better! You said OE not IE, try this instead.

Batch 25 Mar 13

You could try Snadboy's Revelation http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Password-Managers-Generators/SnadBoy-s-Revelation.shtml

But you may have trouble downloading it as many (most?) anti-virus / anti-malware software these days treats it as a threat (for the very reason that it can reveal your passwords).

I've used it for years, but I block it from having internet access so it can't pass the information on elsewhere in any event.

lotvic 25 Mar 13

If XP pc is still working you could use free program SIW - works for me, even lists my email addys and passwords of Outlook Express Accounts that have been deleted. (I guess it depends on if you have reinstalled from fresh anytime, I use Acronis images so that is why siw can still find my old accounts)

There is a portable version that is Free http://download.cnet.com/SIW-Portable/3000-2094_4-12306386.html If it can find any they should be under 'Passwords'. I have no idea if that would work on old harddrive hooked up as a slave.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message