Where can I find CorelDraw 6 ..?

farnaby 12:28 28 Jun 03

My sincere apologies if this is not entirely the right forum to put this question, but I am certain there will be at least one subscriber who can point me in the right direction - and perhaps where I should be posting this request? :o)

My daughter is attending an Art School in Africa, where they are utilising CorelDraw 6 in their graphics design syllabus. Trouble is that this program is a few years old, and versions have advanced where suppliers have only CorelDraw 11 in stock. Unfortunately this version will be unsuitable for her requirements.

I am looking to purchase a new or second-hand version of CorelDraw 6, and wonder whether any users know where I am likely to obtain it?

Taurus 12:38 28 Jun 03

Can't help with your request directly, but I'm sure that you will find that any version above version 6 will be 'backwardly compatible' and as such can be used with CD6 files.

Hope this is of some use

Pesala 13:21 28 Jun 03

I am sure that if it is used by her college she will be able to obtain it easily there. You could try Xtrasoft click here otherwise computer fairs and car-boot sales are your most likely source - or PCA Forum members.

I have Corel Draw Essentials, which is version 9.0. You might still get CD Essentials cheap at PC World. Unlike the earlier versions, it doesn't support Truetype Export, which your daughter might perhaps need.

farnaby 13:26 28 Jun 03

I appreciate your input on this subject.
The problems with a much later version of CorelDraw will ultimately present my daughter with frustrations - not file compatibility issues - but rather fundamental differences in function and ways of working (i.e. in the menus, design features and controls).

Unfortunately, she is going to be examined on her prowress and ability to use the much earlier version (CorelDraw6) - with far less funtionalities and "sophistications".

The difference would be similar to being examined on one's ability to use say, Windows 3.1, whilst practicing at home for her examination, on a Windows 95 system.

farnaby 13:55 28 Jun 03

(Clever to deduce "South Africa" when I had only mentioned Africa):o)
I would certainly be grateful if forum members could keep an eye out for CorelDraw6 at car-boot sales and computer fairs around the country - and furnish me with contact details?
I have also sent an e-mail to the link provided in your response.
Much appreciated!

Belatucadrus 15:19 28 Jun 03

click here I've never used them, so have no idea if they're any good.

farnaby 15:51 28 Jun 03

This link looks very promising indeed, thank you! I will close this thread as "resolved" - though - further leads or comments by forum users will continue to be most welcome :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…