Where can I buy a Wireless Card for Toshiba

Audio~~Chip 12:21 02 Feb 10

Laptop. Must be the internal type for fitting inside laptop. Model of Laptop is Toshiba Satellite 1130 (PS113E)

preferably from reliable source.

Never found them apart from second, must be a new item though.

Sea Urchin 12:33 02 Feb 10

Toshiba site - look under Archived Files

click here

Sea Urchin 12:35 02 Feb 10

Sorry - that was for drivers

Still, you might need one :@)

Audio~~Chip 12:47 02 Feb 10

I have had the panel of laptop at rear and the card is not fitted but is ready as the Wireless Blk & Gry wires are their to be fitted on with protector shields on. it has never had wireless card fitted before.

Wonder if it would take any Laptop Wireless card ?

Audio~~Chip 13:18 02 Feb 10

Toshiba and found out that they stopped selling the upgrades card 3 years ago. Looks like it will be a Wirless USB Adapter route

Does anyone happen to know if them PCMCIA are better or are USB Wireless adapters a safer bet.

Thanks

bremner 13:22 02 Feb 10

I have found the Netgear WN111v2 much more reliable in achieving a strong signal than my old 54g PCMCIA card.

However it may be an unfair comparison as the USB is new and the PC Card 5 years old.

Audio~~Chip 13:49 02 Feb 10

Think USB being better option. Expect USB 1.0 maybe a fuss but one connected it should be ok.

Thanks!

T0SH 13:56 02 Feb 10

If it plugs into a Mini Pci slot (it looks very like a laptop memory slot but shorter) they are readily available on e-bay for not a lot of money

There are two different types of connector both are shown here

click here

Check for suitable driver availability before ordering though

Cheers HC

Audio~~Chip 01:41 14 Feb 10

Ended up getting a TP Link adapter, if I have any problems with the USB Adapter I will search for one on Ebay. Didn't think there were so many available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…