where can i buy a 3.5 usb bay

rambus 12:58 29 Apr 04

have a empty 3.5 drive bay on pc, would like to use this space for a usb port and if possible a earphone socket and a mic socket.
anyone know where i can purchase one, my local pc store dont sell them. thanks,rambus

SANTOS7 13:34 29 Apr 04

click here might find what your looking for here

SANTOS7 13:37 29 Apr 04

click here found these as well hope its what your looking for good luck

Stuartli 13:45 29 Apr 04

CPC in Preston click here sells thousands of computer related items, from USB cables to full systems - it's part of the Farnell Group.

Quick search found:

click here

Maplins is another possibility.

rambus 13:48 29 Apr 04

thanks santos, particulary liked the "trust" product,unfortunatly it is for a 5.25 bay.

rambus 13:53 29 Apr 04

thanks stuartli that looks a great online store.

Stuartli 14:11 29 Apr 04

I've been using CPC for around 30 years, from the time the company started life in a little wooden hut in Preston supplying the TV and radio trade with spare parts.

It's still one of the biggest in the country in this field, but has extended its coverage to other areas over the years as well as moving into a purpose built warehouse with trade counters; the public are also made very welcome.

Its massive catalogue lists a minimum of around 20,000 items and is still growing...:-)

spuds 14:25 29 Apr 04

Another couple of sources click here or click here

scotty 14:59 29 Apr 04

click here for good selection.

rambus 15:50 29 Apr 04

thanks very much for all your help, this shows again what a great help is available on this site. i am going to place my order with the link that "scotty" provided. thanks again to you all.rambus.

Stuartli 16:01 29 Apr 04

If I remember rightly, scotty's link has been nominated before as a good source for systems - something was mentioned about the business having been started by a couple of on the ball teenagers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…