Where can I buy a 15m modem to modem cable?

JustJohn 20:02 05 Oct 03

I need a 15m modem to modem cable. Could anyone reccomend an online retailer or shop in the North West which might stock or make one up for me?

christmascracker 20:06 05 Oct 03
  DieSse 20:17 05 Oct 03

"modem to modem" ?????

To do what precisely?

TommyRed 20:33 05 Oct 03

Isn't it obvious 2 modems are quicker than one 2 X 56K = 112K simple. Sorry, couldn't resist it. TR (head hanging in shame)

JustJohn 20:45 05 Oct 03

I have an internet alert that tells me when someone is phoning up when I am using the phone line to connect online. I want to connect a PC in one room to this internet alert in a different room.

JustJohn 20:47 05 Oct 03

Christmas Cracker.
Thanks for the link. I haven't been able to check it yet as their server is having problems.
Cheers John.

broggs 21:53 05 Oct 03

try c.p.c in preston they will probably have a hundred metre cable for this task!!!

DieSse 22:13 05 Oct 03

"I want to connect a PC in one room to this internet alert in a different room"

Clear as mud to me I'm afraid. How do you connect a PC to an Internet alert?

Do you mean a telephone cable with a standard RJ11 connector at each end, rather than a BT type connector? If so, any phone shop can make you one in a second or two.

Stuartli 09:29 06 Oct 03

Another way is to get a normal BT extension cable of the required length, plus an RJ11 converter of the type which came with your modem, and connect up the modems with the RJ11 at each end.

JustJohn 18:26 06 Oct 03

Thanks everyone

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:46 06 Oct 03

Divert your home phone to your mobile...the number will be displayed and you can choose if you want to answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…