where to buy wireless modem/router at best price?

jason_bradberry 18:20 23 Jan 06

Im just about to set up ukonline 2mb broadband and need to buy a wireless modem/router for my pc and laptop.

where can i buy one at a good price?

im looking for something thats compatible with a ukonline 2mb connection, is fairly future proof and if possible has a built in firewall.

rmcqua 20:55 23 Jan 06

Good selection here:
click here
As far as price is concerned, for the same model there is not much to choose between many of the major suppliers. I almost always use Novatech.
Any of the devices in this section should be OK with ukonline 2Mb.

dms05 07:11 24 Jan 06

and click here&

jason_bradberry 13:14 08 Feb 06

thanks for the links. my only question is that i need to be able to run both the pc and the laptop via wireless. most modem/routers seem to offer one port, and some are listed in the specs as follows:

"1 x network - Radio-Ethernet ¦ 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45"

can anyone explain what these mean and what i need to look for?

ade.h 16:17 08 Feb 06

You can have as amny wireless devices connected to the network as you like. May see some drop in outright speed during periods of simultaneous activity, but that is the only minor caveat.

Any standard modem/router will suit your needs, unless have quite demanding speed/distance requirements which may be better served by a non-standard boosted system that provideds upto 108Mbits per sec, rather than upto 54Mbps. However, I use a 54Mbps network in a mid-sized house with solid brick internal walls, and I don't have any connectivity or speed issues at all.

Danoh 23:57 10 Feb 06

what standard 54Mbps wireless kit do you have now and what would you recommend please?
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…