Where to Buy Bargain priced digital cameras

mumble 15:08 15 Aug 06

Where can a begginner buy a digital camera and what type of memory is recommended

ArrGee 16:04 15 Aug 06

I would suggest going through your local paper for second-hand deals, or your nearest Cash Converter type store. Have a look around and compare with this...click here

Diodorus Siculus 16:11 15 Aug 06

As a starter, I'd suggest you get a reasonable camera - buying a poor quality one will probably put you off using it.

It all depends on your budget for the £100 mark you will get a competent canera; I'd be very wary of buying second hand.

As for cards, it will depend on what camera you buy. I like SD cards as they are small, cheap and reliable.

anchor 16:27 15 Aug 06

Personally I would not go for second hand deals.

Bargains can often be found from discontinued model ranges. The memory cards required will depend on the brand; compact flash, secure digital, xD card, memory stick, are common.

If you give us an idea of your budget, we may be able to help further.

ArrGee 16:28 15 Aug 06

There are a number of factors that need to be put into the equation here before we can support a resonable recommendation.
1. What is your budget?
2. When you say beginner, is it for a kid or adult?
3. How will the pictures be viewed, on a screen or printed?
4. Is it basic 'holiday-type' snaps you want to take, or something more intricate?
5. What kind of life span do you want to give a basic camera before upgrading?
The type of camera you choose, and also the capacity of the memory chip, will depend on (at least) these factors.

Before Summer, I purchased 4 cameras (second hand) for my nephews and niece, for them to play around with. It has helped them to understand some of the basics of digital photography so they can grasp what future requirements they may have for their new cameras on their respective birthdays. Unfortunately, they have also managed to take snaps of me during a couple of drunken antics!

DieSse 18:48 15 Aug 06

Always loads here - and a decent company to deal with (in my experience). click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…