where is the best place to buy.............

silas.b 12:33 13 Jun 03

can anyone tell me where i can find a new reliable hard drive to buy please.
are there any good online stores that u guys know.
please let me know as i need a new hard drive as soon as possible
thank you.

AndySD 12:51 13 Jun 03

I mainly buy from click here Dab's

Try Novatech click here

I actually live quite close to them and find their service very good, even down to replacing a faulty Zip drive after 2 years.

They belong to the Portsmouth Trading Standards 'Square Deal' scheme.

Megatyte 13:20 13 Jun 03

I would recommend Maxtor drives. Prices are quite good at ebuyer.

click here

AH

-pops- 13:59 13 Jun 03

I always use Maxtor drives.

As for where to get them, there's not much wrong with any of the online suppliers as long as things go smoothly in that the item is in stock and you don't have to return it for any reason.

Most of the problems with online suppliers are caused by having to wait for out of stock items (promise dates are rarely kept) and having to return faulty goods. These companies are organised to deal with the transfer of goods in one direction only. Anything that alters that, like a return, almost always causes turmoil at their end with anger, frustration and heartache at yours. I should qualify that by stating that these happenings are rare and after the purchase of many, many thousands of pounds worth of equipment over the internet, I've only ever had one problem and that was quite quickly resolved.

Brian

clayton 16:46 13 Jun 03

Maxtor 80gb DiamondMax plus 9 Ultra ATA/133 7200 RPM £61.59 plus postage

click here

drummerdude436 16:55 13 Jun 03

click here

very friendly people

JA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…