Where to backup online?

herc182 10:17 21 Jun 08

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can backup online? I dont want to spend a fortune, just wary of my backup HDD failing!

thanks

ned3110 10:52 21 Jun 08

Hi mate

Yeah I backup online with Carbonite. Its About £20 I think cant remember, its in one of PCAdvisors mags as a review. Its really simple you just download a program and set it going. It will do an initial back up of your files ( which can take a few days if you hae a lot of files) and then backup anything you create soon as you create them. You can also have coloured dots on all your files so you know what has been backed up or if its waiting for backup. Whats more its unlimited, you can back up as much as you want. And you can transfer it to a new pc if needed and restore to that.

take a look here click here

Technotiger 10:52 21 Jun 08

Sorry I can't answer your question, but personally I would never dream of backing-up anything on-line, certainly not my whole system - think of all the Millions of on-liners out there, it only needs one clever idiot!

If you have an external hard drive and Acronis, you should be ok.

Pine Man 11:40 21 Jun 08

It makes much more sense to have your back up available on an external hard drive. That way if your PC goes belly up it is a 20 minute restore with Acronis True Image.

If your back up is carried out on-line and your PC goes belly up you need another one to access your online backup!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced