Where are updates located?

seventiesdolly 13:22 04 Sep 06

I am currently backing up all my data prior to having a new hard drive, and wondered if it is possible to back up my windows updates to date, to save a little time downloading again later? If so, where can these be found on my pc, I can't see anything that resembles the updates I downloaded?! Thanks again for any help.

Stuartli 13:41 04 Sep 06

Some, but not all, are listed in Add/Remove Programs.

If you download Belarc Advisor any missing updates will be automatically listed:

click here

Easiest way is to use AutoPatcher:

click here

seventiesdolly 13:43 04 Sep 06

I can see the updates in add/remove, but obviously can't save them from there, and that's when I realized I couldn't see them elsewhere..

ACOLYTE 13:48 04 Sep 06

If you have alrady installed them i dont think you can save them locally as they are deleted after install they leave a file on the pc so as windows knows what has been installed,but i dont think you can back them up after install.
Stuartli's link may be your best bet.

seventiesdolly 13:50 04 Sep 06

Yes, i've just been looking at 'autopatcher' and think i'll probably use that.
Thanks to you both. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple