Where are they?

dazza39 21:27 04 Sep 04

Just had my comp back from repair,but i can't see my CD drive or DVD on My computer??,yet they exist in BIOS? help.

R4 21:34 04 Sep 04

Sounds like they scewed up your system management, I would take it back to the repairer and request they fixed it.

pc moron 21:55 04 Sep 04

Just to check- can you see them in Device Manager?

There was a bug with burning software a while back- if you uninstalled the burning software, the icons for the CD drives would disappear in My Computer.

dazza39 11:43 05 Sep 04

Yeah i checked they exist in Device Manager but they have an exclamation mark against them??"Windows succesfully loaded the driver for this hardware but cannot find hardware device(Code 41) any ideas

pc moron 11:48 05 Sep 04

Have a look at click here

pc moron 11:51 05 Sep 04

It could be worth a look inside the case to check if the drives are connected correctly- primary on primary, secondary on secondary- CD drives should be plug and play.

dazza39 11:55 05 Sep 04

Yeah they are connected BIOS recognise them

pc moron 12:23 05 Sep 04

In Device Manager, double click on a drive and see what it says under Location and Device Status.

pc moron 13:27 05 Sep 04

Have you been using Easy CD Creator?

If you have click here and hopefully that will sort it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…