Where are these desktop items stored?

Graham. 20:33 02 Oct 10

In a moment of madness, I set an image recovery program to extract images from C drive and save them to the desktop. After a few minutes I came to my senses and cancelled the program.

By this time the desktop was full of image files. I dragged them to the recycle bin and emptied the bin.

Now everytime I start up, the desktop is filled with image files. There may be hundreds of them still to come. Where can I find them and delete them all? I'm on Vista.

rdave13 20:42 02 Oct 10

I would try a system restore to before running the image recovery program.

lotvic 21:05 02 Oct 10

I'm using XP but would think Vista is same for Windows Explorer.

I would rightclick My Computer > explore > Desktop > and select then delete all the files that I didn't want
You can select muliple files by clicking on one on the list and holding shift key down click on another file lower in the list and it will select the block of files, then you can delete all those in one click.

Not much help, but image recovery programs have a penchant for finding and recovering EVERY image that was on your HDD!

Not much help, but image recovery programs have a penchant for finding and recovering EVERY image that was on your HDD!

Double posting again, I see.

Graham. 22:29 02 Oct 10

Tried System Restore, it doesn't affect your files.

lotvic, I'm looking now.

Graham. 22:31 02 Oct 10

Found them, now all deleted, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5