where are temporary internet file in XP?

ripvan 20:29 14 Oct 04

until recently I used ME and temporary internet files were under windows.I used to 'shred' this file every so often to clear out all rubbish.I am now on XP and cannot see temporary internet files as such.There is a 'temp' file but this doesn't contain them.Any advice please.

wobblymike 20:33 14 Oct 04

Go into your C drive open up documents and settings, open up your user name, then open up local settings and you will see temporary internet files.

Mike

VoG II 20:35 14 Oct 04

In IE, Tools/Internet Options, General tab, Delete files button.

Or for a more thorough job CleanUp! click here

ripvan 20:59 14 Oct 04

Wobblymike can't find the local settings you mention.VoG I know what you refer to but I also used to be able to right click on the temp int file and go to my shredder prog and clean it out properly.

VoG II 21:02 14 Oct 04

Tools/Internet Options, General tab, View files button. That should show you where they are.

wobblymike 21:02 14 Oct 04

The folder may be hidden go to tools - folder options - view then select Show hidden files and folders

ripvan 21:18 14 Oct 04

Thanks guys found them - hidden!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…