Where are the 'shortcuts'?

Rotenone 22:45 PM 17 Feb 12

I am using Windows 7. I go into 'All programs',right click on a program title.choose 'Send to' and then 'Desktop(create a shortcut)',I am hoping that a shortcut to that program will appear on the desktop. However nothing happens.Can you help me sort this out please?

northumbria61 23:36 PM 17 Feb 12
  1. Type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open "Send To" folder.

2. Now right-click on blank area in the folder and select "New -> Text document". It'll create a text file with the name "New Text Document.txt". Rename this file and set its name to "Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink".

3. That's it. Now you'll get "Desktop (create shortcut)" option back in "Send To" menu.

KRONOS the First 05:45 AM 18 Feb 12

I think his problem is that the Send to desktop option does not create a shortcut icon on his desktop, not that the instruction is missing.

I have had a similar problem though as I am on the iPad I cannot see if I still have the solution somewhere on my PC. Will look later.

northumbria61 14:08 PM 18 Feb 12

Chronus - Okay thanks for that info.

If he is referring to programs in the Start Menu he could try and click on program and drag to desktop to create desktop icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know