Where are my pop ups?

Gary1638 09:55 17 Jan 03
  Gary1638 09:55 17 Jan 03

Help! I installed an anti pop up programme, but since then I am unable to access some web site links that could be described as 'pop ups'. I switched the programmeoff, and have now uninstalled it, but all I get is a empty window when I click on certain links, e.g. on my banks homepage if I click on the button to log on for internet banking, all I get is this empty window. Any ideas?

Old PC man 13:26 17 Jan 03

Try holding down the shift button when you click on the link as this should temporarily disable the anti pop-up. If this works then the program is still running and you need to find some other way of uninstalling it.

Conversely, you could keep the pop-up stopper and just use the Shift-click to disable it for the pages you want to view.

bonkers 16:23 17 Jan 03

Your pop-up stopper may have disabled scripting. Go to Tools-Internet Options-Security-Internet Zone. Click on Custom Level, scroll down to Scripting and select 'enable' in the three different sections.

Gary1638 21:11 17 Jan 03

Thankyou both, but unfortunately neither solution worked! The Scripting was still enabled, and using the shift key makes no difference. If I had any hair I'd pull it out. But I don't!!!

VoG™ 21:58 17 Jan 03

Quit all programs that are running.

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll, and then click OK.

When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

Gary1638 20:40 18 Jan 03

Worked a treat. Very grateful, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…