Where are my E-mails?

bigfooted 15:34 PM 06 Nov 11

I have recently bought a new phone and decided I would like to use it to access my e=mails. I can access my IP account using the log in and password but none of my e-mails appear in the inbox. If I log in on my desktop they are all there so they have not been deleted. I contacted my IP Helpline and they tell me everything is o.k. at their end and the problem is to do with configuring Outlook Express and it is not their problem. I am not a computer whiz so this has left me a bit baffled, how can I access the webmail site but not be able to read my e-mails, and how do I reconfigure Outlook Express without cocking everything else up? I would be grateful for any ideas or tips. I am using Windows XP with service pack 3 and my mobile is a new Samsung. Regards, Brian, Liverpool.

lotvic 16:08 PM 06 Nov 11

On your pc, Outlook Express | Tools | Accounts | Mail tab | highlight email account, click on Properties button at right | Advanced tab | and at the bottom is Delivery, put a tick in the box for 'Leave a copy of messages on server'

Sea Urchin 16:27 PM 06 Nov 11

As stated by lotvic - but you will not be able to access those emails already in the Inbox of Outlook Express - only new ones coming in after you make the change in the settings.

bigfooted 19:38 PM 07 Nov 11

Thanks for the help, I am beginning to see the light. I thought it would be like accessing my outlook inbox but obviously I got the wrong impression, still I know what to do and can now access future messages. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued