Where Are The Backup Files?

babybell 13:36 22 Apr 09

Someone at my work had his laptop fail on him last night, it was trying to boot but just kept restarting and booting and restarting. Finally he had to reboot the laptop from a restore partition to get it to work again. He was prompted to backup all his files and programmes which he did and 20 minutes later windows finally booted up. The problem he has though is he cannot find any of the backed up stuff and says its like his laptop is brand new, with none of his files and programmes on it. Its a HP laptop, about 3 years old, i dont have any further information. Does anyone know where his backed up files are likely to be?

Clapton is God 13:42 22 Apr 09

If he re-booted from a restore partition (which usually returns a laptop to factory settings) and if he didn't back up his files to an external medium, I rather think they may be gone forever.

Clapton is God 13:43 22 Apr 09

Or did he already have his files backed up externally???

Graphicool1 14:03 22 Apr 09

Tell him to try this... Start>Search>All Files and Folders in the top box tell him to type the name of one of his files and hit the 'Search' button. If it finds it, it'll tell him the location

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac