When trying to play games have to hold down CTRL key to move while using WASD keys?

baby.blue.chloe 22:43 17 Sep 13

Hi the problem im having is when I play games like for example Minecraft and Alice Madness returns (which I just bought) I have to hold down crtl key to move while using the WASD keys. I shouldn't have to do this. I've tried an external keyboard and that doesn't work either. Baicly to move in games I have to hold down the crtl key to move this includes all controls for moving and jumping. Its not sticky keys too as I have tried that. I've tired Googleing it for answers and its driving me mad, its only just starting doing this and i dont know why, please if someone could help I be very much obliged! Thanks!

Graphicool1 14:43 18 Sep 13

You should be asking this question in the 'Games' forum, you might get more chance of a reply from someone who knows what you're talking about. I can tell you that I'm playing Tera Rising and they say something about the WASD keys in that, but personally I just use the mouse.

ordep 15:27 18 Sep 13

Check to see you haven't inadvertently set a macro/keybind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…