When start PC .

JUHAN 14:36 06 Aug 03

When start PC Win98SE i can see Windows start up menu,and i have to choose wich mode i want to start.Before it was not so.Can somebody help me?

graham√ 14:46 06 Aug 03

Is one of the options 'Safe Mode'? If so the PC is entering the Bios program because of a test failure.

JUHAN 14:54 06 Aug 03

No itisnot.I can choose Normal mode without problem.

Djohn 15:12 06 Aug 03

As graham√ says, are you offered 4 options?, (White letters on a black display}.and is "Safe mode" one of the options? j.

JUHAN 15:22 06 Aug 03

Yes,it is.

Djohn 15:32 06 Aug 03

Then it is as graham√ has said. you will need to run, [I think] Scandisk. To do this, click on start, then on the "run" command, a small window will appear, in this window type the word.

scandisk

Windows will now check your disk for errors and if finding any will give you the option to fix. Regards. j.

alcudia 15:35 06 Aug 03

Is your machine shutting down properly. This was always a problem with 98.
An incorrect shutdown can cause this to happen when you next start up.

JUHAN 16:00 06 Aug 03

My machine shutting down properly.Scandisk did show any problems.

graham√ 16:17 06 Aug 03

OK, if the Hard Drive is not the problem it may be a hardware problem. Have you added any hardware recently?

Djohn 16:22 06 Aug 03

Try the following. Start/settings/control panel/system/device-manager tab. see if there are any exclamation marks "!" or question marks "?" against any of your programs. j.

JUHAN 16:32 06 Aug 03

A have ?? marks against PCI Communication Device and PCI Multimedia Audio Device

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…