When the site is down

terryf 23:03 23 Feb 07
  Strawballs 23:06 23 Feb 07

Thanks will save that to address book.

There seem to be a few people commenting on the problem on the computer trouble forum.

Ashrich 23:09 23 Feb 07

I put in the IP address of PC Advisor and it came back as " Site Maintainance " so I knew it would be back on soon .

Ashley

FatboySlim71 23:12 23 Feb 07

Ashrich. How did you get the IP address of the PCA site?

p;3 23:14 23 Feb 07

you can of course ping it or do a tracert of it

probably rebooting or sumunt

FE will probably tell us soon...wont he??!!

Forum Editor 23:24 23 Feb 07

[email protected] will come to me.

There's not a lot of point emailing me to tell me the site is down - I'll know about it before you do.

Sometimes we'll reboot the server, it happens with all busy sites, and that will take the site offline for a short while. Sometimes there's a database glitch, and to all intents and purposes that will do the same thing.

It's flattering to know that we mean so much to so many people, and I assure you we understand how irritating down-time can be, but we can't guarantee a 100% up time on a site as complex and as busy as this one. We'll always do our utmost though, and I know you'll bear with us on the odd occasion when things don't go as they should.

Ashrich 23:59 23 Feb 07

Did as p;3 suggested , a tracert , put in the name and it will convert it into an IP address before it starts .

Ashley

FatboySlim71 08:58 24 Feb 07

Thanks for that Ashrich, I didnt know about such a program. Thanks again.

Ashrich 20:39 24 Feb 07

Start/run/type cmd in the run box , hit enter , in the command box type ( without quotes ) " tracert click here you want to trace.whatever and press enter again , you will see just before it lists how many hops it takes to get to your destination it will have converted the address to an IP .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac