When is the next version of Interner Explorer due

Halmer 09:24 01 Mar 03

because I can't get 6.0 to load all the components because apparently I have installed and uninstalled it in the past?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:08 01 Mar 03

try this as Hell is more likely to freeze over before a totally new version of IE6 appears....load the IE6 CD and when you get to the custom/typical page choose typical and tick all the options except languages and media player. Continue and reboot when the load has ended.

G

Halmer 10:21 01 Mar 03

Did you mean 'chose custom'?

I have done this but it tells me that certain components could not be installed (or words to that effect).

When I do a Windows update it tells me that there is a critical update (service pack) available. I asume that it is telling me this because I haven't managed to install everything.

I suppose I should leave it as it seems to work, i.e. Outlook Express and Internet Explorer seem to work OK.

It's just frustrating that I can't install what Microsoft consider to be a critical update.

Pesala 12:40 01 Mar 03
  powerless 12:42 01 Mar 03

MS Windows Internet Explorer 7 - i think he means.

Gaz 25 13:20 01 Mar 03

MS Said....

Lets hope for it.

Stuartli 13:35 01 Mar 03

The Critical Updates is to eliminate any security or other problems in the current version of IE which you are running.

You should download and install them; downloading the latest Service Pack also includes all updates, patches etc over the previous few months.

Stuartli 13:37 01 Mar 03

Completely different internet browser...:-)

Pesala 14:31 01 Mar 03

Stuartli

Yes, I know, but why put up with IE if you don't have to?

Halmer 20:17 02 Mar 03

but when it comes to the installation I get a message saying that some items cant be installed for some reason.

I assume this means that I need them but it wont work rather than it tried to instal them but I already have them.....if you get my drift.

Halmer 20:17 02 Mar 03

but when it comes to the installation I get a message saying that some items cant be installed for some reason.

I assume this means that I need them but it wont work rather than it tried to instal them but I already have them.....if you get my drift.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…