When the laptop is asleep ?

Magik™ 16:10 07 May 03

more often than not when i set the laptop which has XP on board, to shut down the hardrive and turn the monitor off after a preset time the whole thing goes into a coma,and will it wake up, will it heck..... so now i just set the monitor to go off, now to the question, about time i hear you cry....does the harddrive spin at full speed all the time, or does it slow down when nothing is happening?

Munkeysbum 16:17 07 May 03

I assume this is a power saving option, therefore the hard drive will slow down.

Munkeysbum 16:24 07 May 03

If my assumption is correct then, open Control Panel, select Power Options, then Power Schemes and Advanced. I should think by coma you meen hibernate. Also adjust the hibernation settings.

Magik™ 17:03 07 May 03

thanks..i have tried the power settings and it hibernates and will not wake up..so now i just put the monitor to sleep.....i will try it again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…