When I switch on my PC -- my laptop signal cuts..?

mandi69 14:13 10 Oct 07

Hi,
I have a Netgear RangeMax Next (DG834N) Router attached to my PC, and a Netgear RangeMax Next USB adapter (WN121T) on my Laptop.

When the PC is off, I can get a reasonable wireless connection around the house, but as soon as the PC is switched on, I can't get a wireless signal. The Router is quite close to the monitor and PC. I immediately thought 'RF interference', but could this be a Router config problem (i.e. my Router isn't configured to my laptop IP or something)?

ambra4 04:40 15 Oct 07

Go to this posting and check your desktop setting

The first PC does not have to be on for the wireless system to work

Once the router is on all wireless devices should have local and Internet access

ambra4 04:40 15 Oct 07

Sorry

click here

Chadders1989 18:20 19 Oct 07

Hey,
I have a desktop pc with wired ethernet, which will browse the internet for hours no problem. However, when i go on my laptop which is connected to the BT Home Hub wirelessly, it works for a period, but then the whole system will randomly disconnect.No internet on the laptop or desktop. I have to reboot the BT Hub to get access again. Interestingly though, my Xbox 360 never disconnects from LIVE even when the internet cuts out. I have changed the broadcast channel of the Hub, but still the random disconnects. Any ideas?
Help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

ambra4 01:11 24 Oct 07

mandi69

Any luck getting your system working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…