When I log in an autoplay box asks me what I want to do with my hard drive

rawsongreen 10:43 04 Feb 15
Answered

I have reconnected my hard drive and when I boot up a box asks me what I want to do with it. Can anyone help me remove this please?

xania 11:15 04 Feb 15

Why did you disconnect it? What operating system is installed? How far along the boot process do you get before the message comes up?

iscanut 12:19 04 Feb 15

What exactly does the message say ?

rawsongreen 12:56 04 Feb 15

xania I took my computer to be repaired. Windows 7, At the very end, I have to close the box before I can move on. iscanut2, Do I want to see the contents.

lotvic 14:34 04 Feb 15

Is the hard drive in question, the C:\ drive with the Op Sys W7 on it, or is it another extra harddrive that you have connected?

rawsongreen 18:37 04 Feb 15

Another extra hard drive.

xania 09:42 05 Feb 15

Frankly, if you took it to be repaired, return it and tell them they haven't finished the job!!

iscanut 11:20 05 Feb 15

At the very end, I have to close the box before I can move on. iscanut2, Do I want to see the contents.

At the end of what ? What box ? I still don't know what the message states and when it appears . You have not answered xania's questions either.

lotvic 12:00 05 Feb 15
Answer

Autoplay. Nothing is wrong, it is perfectly normal. Autoplay was probably set to 'Take no Action' prior to it going in to be repaired.

Decide what you want to happen and change the settings to suit ClickHere

rawsongreen 11:08 09 Feb 15

Thank you lotvic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5