When I input text the curser is moving back

BIGBAGGY 00:28 17 May 05

it moves back to the start and mixes up the text. I can input about 4 or5 characters before it goes back to start. I have done a virus scan but nothing found.

I am on a wireless network this is my daughters Laptop which is the one affected. She uses MSM all the time and Kassa (I know this is bad)

Its actually stopped now I'm writing this. strange.
Any ideas?

ACOLYTE 00:48 17 May 05

The only thing i can think of is if you have a predictive text program installed,these will somtimes do this.

BIGBAGGY 11:03 17 May 05

HOW WOULD I KNOW ? I cant see any progs of this sort so how do I stop it?

Kate B 11:46 17 May 05

The other thing that's been suggested in cases like this is - do you have a microphone and a voice-input system installed? They can, apparently, be confused by extraneous noise.

Belatucadrus 11:50 17 May 05

Not sure about the predictive text thing, when it happens to me, usually means I caught the touchpad with my palm.

boot-it-out 13:43 17 May 05

Does the laptop have a "touchpad" mouse ??

Someone I know had the exact same problem on her Compaq NX9005 ( I can't mention who - I can't afford a divorce ! ).

"Her" problem was caused by using a seperate PS2 mouse and not disabling the touchpad mouse, so as she typed away her palms were moving over the "live" touchpad which kept moving the mouse. On this laptop there is a simple button to press above the touchpad to turn it off, and I have now provided full instructions to the user on how to press it !

Simple mistake but hey - I love her really !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…