When desktop appears I have no control at all.

Lyn.x 22:17 31 Jul 08

XP Pro.
Yesterday I transferred some Photoshop Plug-ins & Brushes from a couple of free cd's to my PC. I didn't use or instal any. Today I installed a Maxtor One Touch Ext Hard drive, restarted my PC and was faced with a Desktop that was totally out of control.There was a pop-up at the top of the screen with F12 in it. The mouse was hovvering frantically over the pop-up and could not be moved anywhere and the 'mistake sound' kept repeating. In the centre of the screen was a window with Hotkey MacroKey 12. Cannot execute the file, please input a new AP, document or URL
Then there was another message...Run DLL32 failed.
I somehow regained control of the mouse and when I tried to drag the centre message it kept reproducing itself. The tailchasing had begun. Valium sandwich at the ready I cut the power then unplugged the unnecessary hardware. Mouse came back to life on re-start. After uninstalling some progs I think I now have my PC tamed. Was it the Free cd stuff or the hard drive? Hard drive is working as an external storage location with no problems so it must have been the free stuff.
Has anyone had similar problems?????

MAT ALAN 22:22 31 Jul 08

Think you have sorta answered your own question,
Probably just software conflict its gonna happen sometime and the effects vary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac