//some 3rd party need geo

whats wrong with my web browser

jim410 16:38 14 Sep 03

Hello
im new here....i wonder if any one can help ?
when i browse the web the pages scroll at an extremely slow rate it also takes ages to enter any text in search links or even writing this message.......
HELP....ITS DRIVING ME NUTS...
Thanks

SEASHANTY 16:40 14 Sep 03

You could always try a different browser. Free ones are available on this website to download altho its much quicker from a free PC magazine disc if you are on dial up.

jim410 16:53 14 Sep 03

which one do you recommend ?
i am currently using msoftIE6.0

Patr100 17:29 14 Sep 03

Has your home page or default search page been changed but not by you? From those symptoms I think you almost certainly have the CWS Trojan hijacker which appears to be doing the rounds and is a recent variant of an earlier Trojan
- download CWS shreddeer from click here> You will need Winzip to unzip the file
and un the program which should cure it.

Patr100 17:30 14 Sep 03

You will need Winzip to unzip the file and run (!) the program which should cure it.

Gaz 25 17:33 14 Sep 03

Or click here

It may also be a trick virus. but as Patr100 says the CWS Trojan is on the rounds.

jim410 18:27 14 Sep 03

Looks like you were spot on !!!!!!CWS Trojan hijacker...........
CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH !! ITS WORKING WONDERFUL AGAIN.I HAVE LIVED WITH THIS FOR MONTHS.
MANY..MANY THANKS
JIM04

Patr100 20:10 14 Sep 03

Thanks for your email and glad it's sorted but it's best to keep questions in the public forum. You say you run Norton and it missed it. I think this recent variant may be able to bypass some AV programs but it always important to make sure that you have your Defintions up to date.

This trojan is detected by Computer Associates antivirus products under the following names:
Win32.Startpage.C
JS.CSSPopup.B,
JScript/IEstart.Trojan,
Win32/IEstart.Trojan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…