What's tv out?

bythor 15:52 02 Aug 04

Got a new pc with an ATi Radeon 9100. Does anyone want to enlighten me as to what tv out is and any other info I ought to know about the Radeon?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:27 02 Aug 04

a connection usually 5 pin s-video connection allows you toconect video to a TV/DVD player

However audio connect from sound card to red /yellow plugs.

Stuartli 16:29 02 Aug 04

It's what it infers - the means to output the card's signal to a television set using appropriate leads.

Full review of the ATi card:

click here

Stuartli 16:32 02 Aug 04

Eh?

Reminds me of the old saying about fools rush in.....

bretsky 16:33 02 Aug 04

It allows you to hook up your PC with your tv monitor via a special lead from the "TV out" socket to usually a mini din socket on the front of your tv set called An S video input, see your tv manual if yours has one (I have a sony trinitron)
For more info click here
Read the whole page.

bretsky ;0)

recap 16:34 02 Aug 04

click here it may give you some information, and click here for the Radeon preview

TomJerry 16:38 02 Aug 04

Can you enlight me what wrong with my answer?

TomJerry 16:46 02 Aug 04

?

jonnytub 16:57 02 Aug 04

may i ask what the maximum length of the s-video cable should be if any? (within reason obviously not 1 mile long, lol)

bretsky 17:03 02 Aug 04

jonnytub-the shorter the better, my cable is 3 metres and I still get a great picture off my tv set.

bretsky ;0)

Stuartli 17:24 02 Aug 04

I'm not called Stuart Little.

Read your original posting again, monitor your reaction and hopefully be enlightened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…