whats taking up my upload limit?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 11:48 28 Dec 04

hi,im on tiscali 10X(broadband).and recently i have not been able to upload files (utleast slowly).and i cannot request webpages becouse my upload speed is being eaten.i have to use hijack this everytime i log in,and end the proccesses so that hijack this can dlete it,is there any way of ending processes for good,or something that can help me?.thanks.ben

interzone55 16:21 28 Dec 04

Go to Start / Run and type MSCONFIG, and go to the Startup tab, this will list programs that start automatically, remove a tick from ones that you don't want.

To stop processes entirely you can go to Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services this will list all services installed. Here you can start, stop or set any of them to manual.
Before messing about though I would not all running services and take a look here click here to see if any are essential.

One thing you should do though is get a copy of Adaware and Spyware Search & Destroy, because it's likely that some piece of malware is sapping your bandwidth

NickyK 16:43 28 Dec 04

alan14, did you mean Spybot Search & Destroy?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 17:39 28 Dec 04

tracked exactly what was taking up the speed and unticked the problems,thanks very much.ill get ad-aware,and spybot search and destroy,heard they were V good.:)

interzone55 20:44 28 Dec 04

That's exactly what I meant, my fingars seem to be suffering from Guiness induced dislexia

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:43 14 Feb 05

Thanks for all replys i have done a complete windows re-install so everything is fine.

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…