What's Taking Up All My Memory...?

Cybercrow 22:24 17 Mar 05

I've been burning some audio cd's this week and an error message keeps coming up saying 'FAILED DUE TO LACK OF MEMORY'.

I clicked on My Computer and it shows that i have used up 16gb of my 19gb computer's memory.

I don't see what is taking up so much memory.

I don't have many pictures or documents stored on my pc.
I only have one or two games on it also.

I have deleted my temporary internet files and done a drive C clean-up.

How can i tell what is using up my memory and what i can delete and cannot...?

Technotiger 22:30 17 Mar 05

Hi, I think if you also empty your Temp folder in C:Windows/Temp might give you a bit more room.
Also have you deleted Cookies in IE.

Cheers.

ade.h 22:31 17 Mar 05

That's your hard disk space. The "memory" is either you RAM or, more likely, the CD-writer's buffer.

More info about drive make and burning software, please.

JonnyTub 22:32 17 Mar 05

Use cc cleaner from click here , does it all for you

JonnyTub 22:33 17 Mar 05

If the 19gb capacity refers to hard drive space of which 16gb is used, you need to consider a hard drive upgrade or some tough choices as to what to delete

howard60 22:34 17 Mar 05

you appear to be mistaking hard disk space for ram. Try pressing control/alt/delete and look at what is running. You may have too much starting when you switch on. Go to start-run- and type msconfig - then go to the startup tab top right and see what has a tick at the left hand edge. I only have a tick in the virus checker and firewall. Click on the box to remove the ticks from unwanted items. Restart and put a tick in the box bottom left of the alert so that it does not come up each time you start up. I always burn from a folder on my hard drive not from the live ram or another cd. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…