Whats running in the background and Zone Alarm

parten 19:48 06 Apr 07

Can someone please help: I had Zone Alarm and Zone Alarm Anti-Virus, These seem to have gone missing. One night they were there then next night....gone. I now have programs running in the back ground. I have written to Zone Alarm asking how to re-install (I am valid till August)as yet no answer....what worries me is I need to know what is running in the background and how to turn them off....my computer is slowing down. I also have Registry Machnic and Optimize Thank you.

chocolate cake 20:14 06 Apr 07

Right click on the taskbar and select task manager. Select the processes tab and find out what processes are running.

chocolate cake 20:21 06 Apr 07

Forgot to say vsmon.exe is the one associated with ZA so don't disable that one and don't disable any until you are sure what they are. Google is usually good for finding this out.

Incidentally have you tried opening ZA from the start menu?

parten 20:38 06 Apr 07

Thank you very much for that.
I have tried to open the ZA. When going to the Program ZA I have:- READ ME, UNINSTALL, ZA Security and ZA security Tutorial. When I click ZA security nothing happens at all. The Icon on the task bar is also gone.

chocolate cake 20:47 06 Apr 07

Is there anything unusual happening in task manager? Is vsmon.exe listed?

chocolate cake 20:57 06 Apr 07

You have Zone Alarm but is this the AV that you have click here;jsessionid=GWlHTUTA2IApTvSvvOfGdzsgPLdvIJ5a9Idjs5e0BaM9DRwReBh3!-1150951111!-1062696903!7551!7552!NONE?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en ?

If so check that the AV you have does not deliver the firewall as stated in their ad. This will possibly conflict with ZA firewall.

parten 22:02 06 Apr 07

Thanks.
vimon.exe is still listed and, keeps flashing and moving within the task manager as do others such as:- waol.exe,system idle press, but to name a few.
I have ZA + ZA anti virus...yes it is the one.

mocha 22:09 06 Apr 07

Go to 'Control Panel.'
'Add or Remove Programs'
and see if Zone Alarm is listed.

If nothing is listed showing Zone Alarm then it has been uninstalled. Reinstall from original File/Disk.

If it is listed and I am presuming you have the original setup File/Disk then I would uninstall from 'Add or Remove Programs' and reinstall it from your original File/Disk.

If these two actions fail to resolve your problem get back to us.

wee eddie 22:16 06 Apr 07

Just 15 days. Then you have to pay the money.

Maybe you missed the reminder

parten 22:23 06 Apr 07

Thank you mocha and wee eddie.
mocha, it is in my add/remove (11.09mb) I bought the ZA-AV on the internet but have no Disc. I have also sent an e-mail to ZA asking how I can reinstall from the internet.

mocha 22:24 06 Apr 07

As a word of warning, there has been a few problems with the latest ZoneAlarm, If you are running ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0. then go to the ZoneAlarm forums and see if your problem is there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017