What's running in the background!

spuds 09:38 17 Dec 05

I know there is a very simple solution to this, but I have forgotten how to do it, at this moment in time. I have had quite a few problems with my computer of late, and running all the safety and protection and clean-up software doesn't seem to find any major problems.

I have noticed that the hard-drive at times seems to be working at a rapid rate, especially at start-up. Question: What is the procedure to find out what is causing the increased activity of the hard-drive, and how do I consider any possible deletion procedures, if necessary!.

Should mention that I ran something the other day, and it appeared as though I had many items on 'start-up' that I had not used or realised that they were still on the computer. So it looks like a good 'start-up' clear out is necessary,amongst other things, but how.

VoG II 09:41 17 Dec 05
  spuds 10:28 17 Dec 05

You are a star. Now to get my head around it all :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…