Whats The Problem? Please Help!!!

voodoo roller 20:38 11 Mar 06

Hi

When i turn on my pc the screen is full of characters mainly 0s, this continues until i get to the xp loading screen which appears fine, however when this is done and it is time for the logon screen to load, the screen turns to a series of horizontal white lines. After a short while my monitor turns off, and then my computer restarts. The same thing happens again, i am however able to work out that i am given the option, the second time around, to start in safe mode, by taking a lucky stab in the dark i was able to select from the safe mode list the correct option to start i n safe mode, which loads completely fine. I first thought that i had a virus, however i use sophos and this did not find anything, so i tried starting up with out any hard drives connected, this did not make any difference. So i think its a hardware problem any suggestions.

John

007al 20:41 11 Mar 06

Do you have a graphics card?If so,switch the pc off at the mains,take the card out and put it back in

wobblymike 21:44 11 Mar 06

Agree with 007al - this sounds like a graphics problem are you using agp, pci or onboard graphics?

woodchip 21:50 11 Mar 06

Have you tried using System Restore? But it does sound like Hardware fault

voodoo roller 00:36 12 Mar 06

I do i use a gforce 6800, i have taken the graphics card out many times, i was think it maybe the graphics card, but cant test without buying a new one as unfortunatly my Motherbord does not have an onbord one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac