What's the power Consumption of a Lappy??

AngeTheHippy 09:36 10 Aug 08

As I leave my Lappy powered up al of my waking hours, I'm wondering (and have been for a while...)just how much power it's using - not in hibernation mode? I do NOT like leaving other stuff eg TVs on standby, but the Lappy is a different matter.

Anyone know the answer to this please?

On the power cable, mid-way is a transformer-type thingy (dunno the terminology for it!) and on it's reverse it says::
Input: 100-240V - 1500mA
Output: 19v ---4740mA

Would this mean it's only 19v?
How would this calculate to Wattage??

AngeTheHippy
xx

Pamy 09:40 10 Aug 08

It will probably be printed on the bottom of the laptop or in the manual

tullie 09:44 10 Aug 08

Why not turn it off?

AngeTheHippy 10:24 10 Aug 08

On the bottom it just states: 9v---4.75A
tullie, I have it sited other end of the kitchen, and if I turned it off each time I needed to go to it would mean powering up/down 20-30 times a day!! More sensible me thinks to just leave it running...

xx

Pamy 10:27 10 Aug 08

What is the make? you could do a Google search for its specs and I am sure it would tell you the consumtion

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:32 10 Aug 08

What you are taking from the mains is the input voltage to the AC/DC adaptor (transformer-type thingy).

Power = Amps x Volts

P = 230V x 1.5A = 575 Watts.
This would be the maximum

AngeTheHippy 10:47 10 Aug 08

Pamy, it's a 6-year old Evesham model. Too old I think for the spec to be online...

Mornin' Fruit Bat /\0/\ , so are you saying the power consumption is 1/2 a megawatt per hour???

AngeTheHippy 10:52 10 Aug 08

how much I wanna know would that work out money-wise? £5 a day? More? Less? Mind you, if it costs £5 today it's likely to cost £10 next week!! Can't keep up with these price rises...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:57 10 Aug 08

Half a megawatt? your using a small power station :0)

No half a kilowatt maximum. This would be for intensive use + battery charging. I suspect average draw would be less than half of that.

Elec units are measure in kilowatt hours, your bill will show latest price per unit (approx 12p per unit)

So 1 unit for 4 hours, costing you 3p per hour to run.

AngeTheHippy 11:04 10 Aug 08

Fruit Bat /\0/\ , my deliberate mistake (ahem ahem...) of COURSE I meant kilowatts..LoL LoL!!

mmm. so possibly costin' me 36p/day, c.£2.50 p/w for average 12hrs powered up p/day?? Gonna turn it off NOW!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all,

xxx

AngeTheHippy 14:52 10 Aug 08

I've had a thought!! I don't ever use this lappy via it's battery, if I removd it would it then take less power do ya think??

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…