Whats the name of this USB lead connection???

sam2004 23:40 01 Oct 05

HI,

I have been looking everywhere for this type of usb lead, however, I cant find the same one. Nor can I find a name for it?

Please could you look at:

click here

and tell me what the name is of this USB connection to help me on my way to getting another one of these leads.

Thanks in advance

Stuartli 23:43 01 Oct 05

Most likely find it here:

click here

or here:

click here

Stuartli 23:44 01 Oct 05

What do you use the USB lead for?

sam2004 23:47 01 Oct 05

I use the usb lead to connect a couple of webcams to the PC, however, i have two cameras and one lead!

sam2004 23:49 01 Oct 05

click here

my connection is the one on the far right of that photo - but i cant find one to buy anywhere

MAJ 00:03 02 Oct 05

Is this it, sam2004, click here ? If not, have you tried the webcam's maufacturer's website?

sam2004 00:09 02 Oct 05

no, i'm afraid thats not it.
It appears to have 8 little peiced of copper inside it. I have looked at both the manufactuers sites and that call it "A USB lead" - which is no help!

josie mayhem 00:21 02 Oct 05

Most usb leads are a complination of AB or AA, not sure which is concidered to be a 'A' but in general when you have a complination one end will be a flat style conection that fits in a standard usb port, and the other end is a small square connection. I have two leads like this one is for a all-in one and the other is for my camera.

Hope this helps a bit.

Stuartli 09:28 02 Oct 05

There are quite a large number of USB connection types as you will have realise from the above links, so it may be easier to take your lead to a computer store and see if there are any in stock.

I have several USB leads but all are dedicated to whatever they are used with i.e. one for digital camera, one for webcam, another for card reader etc and only the USB port connection is "standard".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…