what's the name of this connector?

SJM_81 18:53 16 Jul 12

My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.
I once helped my next door neigbour fix My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.
I once helped my next door neigbour fix her laptop, viruses etc. Anyway, she had the same problem charging her laptop. A few months later she brought her laptop for fixing, and she had a connector into the dc jack and her ac plugged into that. This solved the problem and her laptop charged without flickering and cutting out.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.
I once helped my next door neigbour fix her laptop, viruses etc. Anyway, she had the same problem charging her laptop. A few months later she brought her laptop for fixing, and she had a connector into the dc jack and her ac plugged into that. This solved the problem and her laptop charged without flickering and cutting out.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.000000My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what thatMy nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask herMy nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.

SJM_81 18:57 16 Jul 12

Sorry that's jumbled up copy and pasted what I wrote earlier and it came out wrong.

Please deete the post and I will try to repost it later. Ty

lotvic 19:08 16 Jul 12

Do you mean the power adaptor? is the problem the same as the one described ClickHere

SJM_81 19:28 16 Jul 12

I think the dc jack has pushed in so the ac adapter doesn't get the charge. My neigbour had same problem then next time I fixed her laptop, she had a conector that plugged into the jack and her ac plugged into that. So I am guessing the connector was deeper therefore getting the charge?

Sorry if I'm not making much sense here.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:55 16 Jul 12

DC lack plugs can be renewed or replaced mine failed on my toshiba and I adapted the fitting to screw on from the outside.

Make and model of machine?

lotvic 20:13 16 Jul 12

Did it look like THIS that's a jackplug adaptor. But I would go with Fruit Bat /\0/\'s advice. Also it might be the wire that has broken inside the cable.

SJM_81 19:57 17 Jul 12

Yes that looks like it. Will a jack adapter solve the problem.

Ps how much does it cost roughly to have the dc jack soldered, I don't think I'd be comfortable doing it myself.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Samsung Galaxy S7 deals: Where to buy Galaxy S7 & Galaxy S7 Edge

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Learn UX design: 11 best paid and free UX design courses

The 135 best iPad & iPhone games: Truly wonderful games for iOS